The following materials should be submitted online, at the Graduate Admissions page, or through MyUI:
- General application to the University of Iowa Graduate College
- Statement of purpose (MyUI)
- Graduate Funding Application (MyUI)
- Department Funding Application (MyUI)
- Letters of Recommendation (MyUI)
- Resume or CV - optional (MyUI)
- Unofficial official copy of transcripts from universities and colleges that document all undergraduate and graduate work (MyUI)
- Self-reported GRE scores - optional (MyUI)
The following materials should be mailed to the Writers' Workshop:
- A printed manuscript of the applicant's best work
- The manuscript cover sheet
Printed manuscripts should be sent directly to the Writers' Workshop between October 1 and December 15. The postmark deadline for manuscripts is December 15.
Letters of recommendation may be submitted through January 20.
Applicants are only accepted for entry into the Fall semester. Decisions on admissions and financial aid awards are made in March or early April for the following academic year.